10.21.2010

N.A.K.E.D.




my room mates came up with a marvelous plan...
every month..hangs all of our names on separate pieces of lined paper.
it reads..
"Are you willing to get Naked?"
Well..first instinct you wonder? What??


Nice And Kindness Every Day.


I never gave it any thought, just thought it was silly.
I thought..
"Ok..i'll open the door for someone today."
"I'll give a compliment."
"I'll wash everyone's dishes.."

Well yeah..those are nice and kind things to do.


Today I was running errands. I had one hour til work. Well I wasn't going to go home, then leave right when I got there just to go to work.
sooo...
I went and sat in the McDonald's parking lot.
and thought.
thought for an hour.

I enjoyed myself.

I texted my mom..
called my mom..
called my dad just to say i love you..
and thought.

I saw a man holding a sign across the street.
my heart sank!
I don't know if he really was homeless..
or maybe just a "professional sign holder.."
but I did feel bad.

I go through the McDonald's parking lot..
order me a mighty kids meal..
diet coke.
chicken nuggets.

my favorite.

At the drive-thru..order comes to $4.22.

I look in my rearview mirror.
I see an older lady..crying in the driver's seat.

"Thank you..come again." I hear the employee say.
I thought for a second, then said, "Can I pay for the person behind me too?"
"uh....sure?"
she didn't really understand..but I felt like I should..

I'm on my way to work and I see the guy holding the sign.

"I have to care for a wife and a son.
I lost my job and have nowhere else to turn."

Who knows if this was true or not..

I handed him a dollar..
and hear.
"God bless."

I drive to work feeling very happy and grateful.
I've never really thought about how grateful I am to be going to school.
to have a job.
I make minimum wage..
I go from making $100 a day to $100 every 2 weeks.
and I was complaining?
why?
I have a place to go to.
I have loving parents.
I'm close with every single one of my siblings.
I feel like I'm .. going somewhere.
I have somewhere to turn..
and these people don't.


NAKED.
nice and kindness every day.

From now on..
I am going to strive my hardest to go OUT OF MY WAY..
to do something for somebody else.
it made my day go so much better & made me a lot happier..
and obviously..
more GRATEFUL for what i have.



1 comment: